Recipe Wednesday: Lemon Lush!
It is seriously like the best lemon merengue pie ever but in a different form! Enjoy!!
For the Crust Layer:
- 1 cup butter softened, but not to room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped in small pieces (Personally, I like this without nuts!)
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- 2 packages cream cheese 8 oz
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For the Pudding Layer:
- 2 packages lemon instant pudding 3 oz
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
For the Topping:
- 1 container cool whip 16 oz
- lemon zest optional
- Stir together butter, flour, sugar, and chopped pecans in a mixing bowl. (A fork works really well to get everything mixed together.)
- Press into an ungreased 9x13 baking dish and bake 15-20 minutes at 350° F, or until a light golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Layer
- Beat together cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy and smooth. Spread over cooled crust.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mixes and milk. Allow to sit for 5 minutes to thicken up. Spread on top of the cream cheese layer; cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping over the pudding layer. Cut into 18-24 pieces (depending on how large or small you cut them) and garnish with fresh lemon zest. Keep leftovers covered and stored in the fridge.
Elizabeth is a wife to her wonderful husband, a work at home mother to her beautiful little girl and a blogger for some time now. When she isn't spending time with her "Livvybug", or laughing with her husband, she is looking for new review opportunities and writing or singing along to classic rock and pop music!
Post a Comment