Recipe Wednesday: Baked Cinnamon Apples!
This has to be one of the most incredible desserts we've ever made! Make sure to make this with a little vanilla ice cream to cut the sweetness, as Dolly Parton said in Steel Magnolias!
- 3-4 Golden Delicious Apples
- 2/3 Cup of Water
- 2 Tablespoons warm butter
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Layer apple slices in the bottom of an 8-inch glass baking dish.
- Mix water, butter, flour, and cornstarch together in a bowl until no lumps remain. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt until smooth. Pour apples in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until soft and juicy, about 45 minutes.
- Once cooler, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream into bowl, and top with delicious apples!
Elizabeth is a wife to her wonderful husband, a work at home mother to her beautiful little girl and a blogger for some time now. When she isn't spending time with her "Livvybug", or laughing with her husband, she is looking for new review opportunities and writing or singing along to classic rock and pop music!
Post a Comment